Saturday 19 January 2013

Breakfast time



I am somewhat knackered today. Yesterday evening I watched "127 hours" which, in case you don't know, is about a very brave young man who loves doing all sorts of extreme nature sporting and gets stuck with his arm under a rock. He then stays there for 5 1/2 days and you watch him trying to free himself, keep himself warm and just stay alive. In the end he has to amputate his right arm with a blunt knife. I thought James Franco's performance was fabulous and wasn't bored for one second. I even managed to watch him break his arm and make the first cuts, but then I started to feel really sick and a little bit faint and I had to turn of the sound AND look away until he had finished the amputation. Honestly I'm so squeamish sometimes. Telling myself it's only a movie doesn't help. I mean, this actually happened to that poor guy and I get really involved emotionally then. If you can take hard stuff, then I can only recommend this film. And if you're like me and are interested nevertheless - just look away ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment