Tuesday 23 October 2012

Kanelbullar!!



Here in Northern Germany we are really lacking decent bakeries. We have french inspired elegant little cakes and "factory-made" general pasties but they just don't satisfy me. After having spent most of my life in Southern Germany and part of it in Sweden, I rather prefer simple things like cinnamon rolls, kladdkaka (a very moist and sweet chocolate cake), strawberry cake (made the Swabian way, with a layer of vanilla pudding) and so on... I also like adding things to recipes. Extra chocolate drops, a blob of marzipan or just spices and whipped cream. The list is endless and I really enjoy thinking of new ways to make something simple more interesting. The wonderful thing about baking youself is, that you can make everything just the way you would like it to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment